9 days adventure travel to Tibet from Xining via Golmud
> Xining - lake Korkolor - Dulan - Golmud - Nakchu - lake Namtso - Lhasa <
（to be private tour）
because of the seasonal price change, please contact for a quote of this program.
Day01 Arrive in Xining
Fly to Xining from other city, met and transferred to hotel.
Drive 25km to Ta'er monastery (located in Huangzhong county), it is the biggest monastery in Qinghai(of Gelupa order) which was the birth place of Chongkhaba (founder of Gelupa). In Xining city, visit the Dongguan Muslim temple (one of the 4 most famous Muslim temple in China).
Day03 Xining to Korkolor Lake (Qinghai Lake) to Golmud (326KM)
Climbing over the Sun - Moon mountain and drive past Daotanghe to get close to the Korkolor lake area, spending some time by the lake to enjoy the beauty of it, this lake is the biggest lake in Tibet - Qinghai plateau and has a water area over 4500 square kms. In which are two famous islands' the Bird island and the Haixin island.
In the late afternoon, arriving at Golmud, a big city on desert.
Day04 Golmud to Tuotuoheyan (5000m) (410KM)
On the way there, through the 4780m - high Kunlun pass (one pass of Mt. Kunlun ranges) and over Tsumar'er river and Tongtian river (tributes of the upper reach of yangtse river). 10km to the east of Kunlun pass is Yuzhufeng (Peak Yuzhu, 6178m), from April through to October is the nice season for mountaineering. Here is a nice equipped hospital. The impressive view here is to see the sunrise at the Tuotuohe bridge.
Day05 Tuotuoheyan to Amdo to Nakchu (450KM)
90km to the west of Wenquan (160km to the south of Tuotuoheyan) is the road to Mt. Geladandong (6621m) where the yangtse river originates. Then drive over the Tangghula pass (5231m) to arrive at Amdo (4500m) and Nakchu (4500m) (155km between Amdo and Nakchu). The Sichuan - Tibet highway (by northern route) and Qinghai to Tibet highway meet here. At Nakchu, visit Xiaodeng monastery of Bon religion and the horse race festival (begins on 10th, August every year).
Day06 Nakchu to Namtso lake to Lhasa (500KM)
Namtso is the biggest lake in Tibet, and the second holiest lake in the pilgrims' hearts, its elevation is 4718m, beside it is grand Nyianchen Tanghula mountain, its peak (of 7162m) can be clearly viewed from the lakeside. Around the lake is huge and vast prairie. In this afternoon, passing Yangbajing geothermos fields and the Duilong river to Lhasa.
In the morning, visit the grand - looking Potala Palace, which was built in the 7th century for the King. In the afternoon, visit Jokhang temple and stroll in the famous local bazaar - Parkhor street.
Visit Tsepung monastery which is the biggest monastery in Tibet. Then visit Sera monastery and Norbulingka which can give you deep impression of Tibet arts and civilization.
Day09 Lhasa to your destination by air or by train
At the agreed time, the driver and the guide will come to meet you, send you to Lhasa airport or Lhasa railway station for your departure.
** if you plan to leave by train, please inform us on your query.
Email -> email@example.com
Wechat -> zailushangzeng
while you are planning a travel to Tibet, something you should know
- you need a packaged tour, either fully packaged or half packaged;
- you need a special paper besides your China visa, that is called Tibet travel permit, issued by Tibet A.R. tourism bureau, it allows you to tour in Lhasa area, like Lhasa city, Namtso lake, Reting monastery, Ganden monastery;
- you need a 2nd paper to travel to Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsetang, and Mt.Everest area, it is called Aliens travel permit, issued by China armed police;
- you need a 3rd paper if you plan to travel to Mt.Kailash and holy lake Manasarovar, or when you plan to travel Tibet by road from Karshigar, Lijiang or Zhongdian, Chengdu, Golmud or Xining; this paper is issued by China millitary forces;
- you need the 1st paper to get your air tickets or train tickets;
- you can take plane or train going to Lhasa, but, it is impossible to take public transportation going into Tibet.