8 days tour to Mt. Everest from Lhasa
（to be private tour）
because of the seasonal price change, please contact for a quote of this program.
Day01 Fly to Lhasa
Taking the morning flight into Tibet, upon your arrival, local guide will meet you and transfer you to Lhasa. On the way, you can enjoy the heart - beating highland view along the Yalu Zangbu river (the longest river in Tibet, the lower reach in India is called Brham Putra river); in the afternoon, you are free for relax and more Oxygen.
In the morning, visit the grand - looking Potala Palace, which was built in the 7th century for the King. In the afternoon, visit Jokhang temple and stroll in the famous local bazaar - Parkhor street.
Visit Tsepung monastery, which is the biggest monastery in Tibet. After lunch, visit Sera monastery and Tibet Museum. Enjoy the local performance with a Tibetan style dinner if you like.
Day04 Lhasa to Lhatse
Today, no special visits, only drive to Lhatse (a small town, 430km to the west of Lhasa city, it is also the diversion road poind - one road leads to Mt. Everest, the other one going to Nari), enjoying the view along the Tibet - Nepal friendship highway. On the way, you will pass the second biggest city - Shigatse, in the late afternoon, arrive at Lhatse. Today, visit Sakya monastery, which was built in 11th century and became the political and religious center in 13th and 14th century when Sakya sect ruled Tibet highland; also it was from then on, Tibet highland becomes on part of Mongonia government and the close relationship to central court was built.
Day05 Lhatse to Mt. Everest
Leaving Lhatse early and pass the town - Tingri and the Lulu checkpoint to get to Mt. Everest. Between the diversion point (4km to the west of Luluchech point) of the highway and the Base camp is a high pass (5125m, named zhegula pass), here, you can see 4 famous mountains of the world - Mt. Everest (8848.13m), Mt. Makaru (8463m), Mt. Luotze (8516m) and Mt. Qowowuyag (8201m). Visit Rongbuk monastery.
Day06 Mt. Everest to Shigatse
Drive 150 kilometers to Shigatse city, visit the famous Tashilunpo monastery. Inside there is a huge and tall copper cast statue for Buddha Maitreya. And there are many stupas for the passed Panchan Lhamas. The remains of from 5th to 9th were kept in one stupas.
Day07 Shigatse to Gyangtse to Lhasa
In the morning, leaving Shigatse for Gyangtse town (100km to the east of Shigatse), in Gyangtse, pay a visit to Perkhor monastery, it was built in the early of 15th century when the power and struggle between Buddhism sects were kept balance. After here, driving more east to Lhasa, on the way, visit the famous Karula glacier and the second holiest lake - Yangdrok Lake, then drive back to Lhasa city.
Day08 Lhasa to your destination by air or by train
At the agreed time, the driver and the guide will come to meet you, send you to Lhasa airport or Lhasa railway station for your departure.
** if you plan to leave by train, please inform us on your query.
End of 8 days overland travel to Tibet mount everest
Email -> firstname.lastname@example.org
Wechat -> zailushangzeng
while you are planning a travel to Tibet, something you should know
- you need a packaged tour, either fully packaged or half packaged;
- you need a special paper besides your China visa, that is called Tibet travel permit, issued by Tibet A.R. tourism bureau, it allows you to tour in Lhasa area, like Lhasa city, Namtso lake, Reting monastery, Ganden monastery;
- you need a 2nd paper to travel to Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsetang, and Mt.Everest area, it is called Aliens travel permit, issued by China armed police;
- you need a 3rd paper if you plan to travel to Mt.Kailash and holy lake Manasarovar, or when you plan to travel Tibet by road from Karshigar, Lijiang or Zhongdian, Chengdu, Golmud or Xining; this paper is issued by China millitary forces;
- you need the 1st paper to get your air tickets or train tickets;
- you can take plane or train going to Lhasa, but, it is impossible to take public transportation going into Tibet.