7 days travel to Lhasa, Gyangtse, Shigatse, Samye monastery and Yongbulakang palace
（to be private tour）
because of the seasonal price change, please contact for a quote of this program.
Day01 Fly to Lhasa
Taking morning flight into Tibet, upon your arrival, local guide will meet you and transfer you to Lhasa. On the way, you can enjoy the heart - beating highland view along the Yalu Zangbu river (the longest river in Tibet, the lower reach in India is called Brham Putra river); in the afternoon, you are free.
In the morning, visit the grand - looking Potala Palace, which was built in the 7th century for the King. In the afternoon, visit Jokhang temple and stroll in the famous local bazaar - Parkhor street.
Visit Tsepung monastery, which is the biggest monastery in Tibet. In the afternoon, visit Sera monastery and Norbulingka.
Day04 Lhasa to Shigatse
Drive 280 kilometers to Shigatse along Yarluzangbu river valley; after lunch time, go and visit Tashilunpo monastery, which is the biggest monastery in rear Tibet, and the permanent residence for Panchan Lhama. Inside there are some stupas for the passed Panchan lhamas, and a 30 - metre high copper cast Future Buddha, see the local bazaar market. In the rest of the day in Shigatse (after the arranged visit), you are free to spend your time around.
Day05 Shigatse to Gyangtse
Driving 100 kilometers to Gyangtse, on the way, visit Xialu monastery and the Perkhor monastery in Gyangtse town.
Day06 Gyangtse to Samye to Tsetang
Early departing from Gyangtse for Tsetang; drive around 350 kilometers, visit the Karuola glacier and the famous Yangdrok lake, which is one of the 3 most sacred lakes in Tibet (the other two are Lake Manasarovar and Lake Namtso). 50 kilometers before arriving in Tsetang, go to visit Samye monastery, which is to the other side of the Yarlunzangbu river.
Day07 Tsetang to Lhasa airport and leave Tibet
In the morning time, drive you to enjoy the grand view of Yongbulakang palace, which built on the top of a hill, overlooking the fertile and flat farmlands; after here, drive to airport, on the way there, go and visit the famous Mintorlin monastery, Nyingmapa order; take afternoon flight back to leave Tibet.
** if you plan to take train to leave Tibet, please inform on your query.
End of the 7 days tour
Email -> email@example.com
Wechat -> zailushangzeng
while you are planning a travel to Tibet, something you should know
- you need a packaged tour, either fully packaged or half packaged;
- you need a special paper besides your China visa, that is called Tibet travel permit, issued by Tibet A.R. tourism bureau, it allows you to tour in Lhasa area, like Lhasa city, Namtso lake, Reting monastery, Ganden monastery;
- you need a 2nd paper to travel to Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsetang, and Mt.Everest area, it is called Aliens travel permit, issued by China armed police;
- you need a 3rd paper if you plan to travel to Mt.Kailash and holy lake Manasarovar, or when you plan to travel Tibet by road from Karshigar, Lijiang or Zhongdian, Chengdu, Golmud or Xining; this paper is issued by China millitary forces;
- you need the 1st paper to get your air tickets or train tickets;
- you can take plane or train going to Lhasa, but, it is impossible to take public transportation going into Tibet.