6 days trip to Lhasa, Lake Namtso, Reting monastery and Tsigongti monastery
（to be private tour）
because of the seasonal price change, please contact for a quote of this program.
Day01 Fly to Lhasa
Taking morning flight into Tibet (you can fly to Lhasa from Chengdu, Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Kunming and Xi'an), upon your arrival, local guide will meet you and transfer you to Lhasa. On the way, you will enjoy the heart - beating highland view along the Yalu Zangbu river (the longest river in Tibet, the lower reach in India is called Brham Putra river); in the afternoon, you are free.
In the morning, visit the grand - looking Potala Palace, which was built in the 7th century for the King. In the afternoon, visit Jokhang temple and stroll in the famous local bazaar - Parkhor street.
Day03 Lhasa to Namtso Lake
Visit the Tsepung monastery, which is the biggest monastery in Tibet. After lunch, drive to Namtso Lake (245km to the north of Lhasa), enjoying the glory of sunset over the lake. By the lake, you can view the peak of Nyianchentangula (7162m).
Day04 Namtso Lake to Linzhou county to Lhasa city
In the morning, enjoying the sunrise over the lake. Then driving back to Lhasa. On the way, drive into a valley to visit the Home monastery to Kardangpa - Reting monastery. Back to Lhasa city in late afternoon.
Day05 Lhasa to Tsigongthi monastery to Ganden monastery to Lhasa
This morning, drive 150 kilometers northwards to Tsigongthi monastery by Xuerong river, which built in 1179, is home monastery of Tsigong Kargyuelpa; in history of Tibet, this monastery became famous for its unique means of study of Tibetan Buddhism scriptures, the magic of spirits and the sky burial. On the way back to Lhasa, visit Ganden monastery, which is about 55 kilometers before Lhasa and built in 1409 on top of Mt. Wangbo; Ganden monastery was built by Tsongkaba, the founder of Gelupa sect; it is one of the most famous 6 Gelupa monasteries in Tibetan area.
Day06 Lhasa to your destination by air or by train
At the agreed time, the driver and the guide will come to meet you, send you to Lhasa airport or Lhasa railway station for your departure.
** if you plan to leave by train, please inform us on your query.
End of this featured 6 days tibet trip
Email -> firstname.lastname@example.org
Wechat -> zailushangzeng
while you are planning a travel to Tibet, something you should know
- you need a packaged tour, either fully packaged or half packaged;
- you need a special paper besides your China visa, that is called Tibet travel permit, issued by Tibet A.R. tourism bureau, it allows you to tour in Lhasa area, like Lhasa city, Namtso lake, Reting monastery, Ganden monastery;
- you need a 2nd paper to travel to Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsetang, and Mt.Everest area, it is called Aliens travel permit, issued by China armed police;
- you need a 3rd paper if you plan to travel to Mt.Kailash and holy lake Manasarovar, or when you plan to travel Tibet by road from Karshigar, Lijiang or Zhongdian, Chengdu, Golmud or Xining; this paper is issued by China millitary forces;
- you need the 1st paper to get your air tickets or train tickets;
- you can take plane or train going to Lhasa, but, it is impossible to take public transportation going into Tibet.