6 days travel to Lhasa, Gyangtse and Shigatse
（to be private tour）
because of the seasonal price change, please contact for a quote of this program.
Day01 Fly to Lhasa
Taking morning flight into Tibet, upon your arrival, local guide will meet you and transfer you to Lhasa. On the way, you can enjoy the heart - beating highland view along the Yalu Zangbu river (the longest river in Tibet, the lower reach in India is called Brham Putra river); in the afternoon, you are free.
In the morning, visit the grand - looking Potala Palace, which was built in the 7th century for the King. In the afternoon, visit Jokhang temple and stroll in the famous local bazaar - Parkhor street.
Visit Tsepung monastery, which is the biggest monastery in Tibet. In the afternoon, visit Sera monastery and Norbulingka.
Day04 Lhasa to Gyangtse to Shigatse
Driving past the Gangbala pass (4800m), view the Yangdrok lake, then down to Gyangtse, visit the Karuola glacier, the Perkhor monastery in Gyangtse town. Arrive at Shigatse in the late afternoon.
Day05 Shigatse to Lhasa
Visit Tashilunpo monastery, which is the biggest monastery in rear Tibet, and the permanent residence for Panchan Lhama. Inside there are some stupas for the passed Panchan lhamas, and a 30 - metre high copper cast Future Buddha, see the local bazaar market. Then drive back to Lhasa through the valley of Yalu Zangbu river.
Day06 Lhasa to your destination by air or by train
At the agreed time, the driver and the guide will come to meet you, send you to Lhasa airport or Lhasa railway station for your departure.
** if you plan to leave by train, please inform us on your query.
End of this classic Tibet tour
Email -> firstname.lastname@example.org
Wechat -> zailushangzeng
while you are planning a travel to Tibet, something you should know
- you need a packaged tour, either fully packaged or half packaged;
- you need a special paper besides your China visa, that is called Tibet travel permit, issued by Tibet A.R. tourism bureau, it allows you to tour in Lhasa area, like Lhasa city, Namtso lake, Reting monastery, Ganden monastery;
- you need a 2nd paper to travel to Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsetang, and Mt.Everest area, it is called Aliens travel permit, issued by China armed police;
- you need a 3rd paper if you plan to travel to Mt.Kailash and holy lake Manasarovar, or when you plan to travel Tibet by road from Karshigar, Lijiang or Zhongdian, Chengdu, Golmud or Xining; this paper is issued by China millitary forces;
- you need the 1st paper to get your air tickets or train tickets;
- you can take plane or train going to Lhasa, but, it is impossible to take public transportation going into Tibet.